Turmeric is a popular Asian root, with numerous culinary and medicinal applications. It aids in the management of oxidative and inflammatory conditions, cancer, heart disease, dementia, metabolic syndrome, arthritis, depression, anxiety, and hyperlipidemia. It may also help in the management of exercise-induced inflammation and muscle soreness, thus enhancing recovery and performance in active people.
Our organic turmeric formulation contains a small amount of added black pepper extract which contains peperine, an ingredient that boosts bioavailability of curcumin by a whopping 2000 % (20 times).
- DEMENTIA: Curcumin crosses the blood-brain barrier and is able to reduce oxidative damage and inflammation in the brain. Curcumin has been shown to increase levels of BDNF, Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, which declines as we age. Decreased levels of BDNF are linked to brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, depression and age-related cognitive decline. Our freeze dry preservation process captures all bioactive compounds found in turmeric. These include aromatic turmerone, which encourages the growth of nerve cells and helps eliminate protein tangles (amyloid plaques) found in the brains of Alzheimer patients. Its medicinal properties make curcumin a desired intervention for those wishing to prevent and treat dementia including Alzheimer’s disease. In healthy subjects, regular ingestion of curcumin increases alertness, improves attention, memory, mood, and calmness.
- INFLAMMATION: Inflammation is part of the body’s natural defense system, repairing damage and fighting foreign invaders, but when short-term inflammation becomes chronic, appropriate therapeutic interventions are needed. Turmeric displays powerful anti-inflammatory effects through several different pathways that effectively interrupt the cycle of chronic inflammation. Researchers found that turmeric’s anti-inflammatory effects are as powerful as those of anti-inflammatory drugs but without any side effects.
- ARTHRITIS: Curcumin supplementation effectively improves symptoms of joint inflammation due to is anti-inflammatory effects. Several studies have shown anti-arthritic effects of curcumin in people with osteoarthrits and rheumatoid arthritis.
- ANTI-OXIDANT: A wide range of diseases and effects of aging are associated with free radical damage. The antioxidants found in turmeric neutralize free radicals and keep them from attacking our healthy cells. Curcumin has a double antioxidant effect. It contains strong antioxidant compounds that neutralize free radicals and, at the same time, boosts the body’s natural ability to produce the enzymes that act as our internal antioxidants.
- CANCER: Studies show that curcumin reduces the growth of blood vessels in tumors, reduces metastasis (spread of cancer) and contributes to apoptosis (the death of cancer cells). Curcumin has also been found to be effective in colorectal cancer prevention. Patients with pre-existing colon lesions who consumed curcumin for 30 days, had a 40% reduced risk of cancer.
- HEART: One of the major causes of heart disease is endothelial dysfunction which is the inability of the endothelium to regulate blood pressure and blood clotting. Curcumin has been found to improve endothelial function as effectively as the drug Atorvastatin. This is in addition to curcumin reducing inflammation and oxidation, two other important factors in cardiac disease progression. Patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery who took 4 grams of curcumin per day had a 65% decreased risk of heart attack in the hospital.
- METABOLIC SYNDROME: Metabolic syndromeis a cluster of conditions including increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist, and abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels. Together they increase the risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes. Curcumin has been shown to address several aspects of metabolic syndrome by improving insulin sensitivity, reducing elevated blood pressure, reducing inflammation and oxidative stress, and lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- DEPRESSION: Curcumin shows promise as an anti-depressant. Depression is linked to reduced levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BNDF – a brain growth hormone), which curcumin has been shown to boost. There is also evidence that curcumin increases the levels of neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine in the brain. Studies show curcumin to be as effective as Prozac in alleviating symptoms of depression. It has also been found to be more effective against anxiety than the SSRI drugs that are typically prescribed.
- FATIGUE: Curcumin decreases exercise-induced muscle soreness in healthy people, who reported less pain and less muscle injury after exercise. It was also found to offset some of the physiological markers of muscle soreness after an intense workout in elite rugby players.
- AGING: Given curcumin’s anti- inflammatory and antioxidant capabilities, support of heart function, and defense and prevention against cancer and neurodegenerative disorders, turmeric has become known as an excellent anti-aging supplement.
- FREEZE DRIED: The organic turmeric herb contained in this product is pure and freeze dried for maximum efficacy, ensuring pharmacologically active properties are protected, and the product is easily digested. It has not been subjected to any heat during the drying process or any means of mechanical grinding. The freeze dry process offers vastly superior preservation of the active constituents of the herb, offering nutritional value comparable to that of the fresh plant.
This organic product carries a full Thai FDA approval and is produced locally in Thailand to a very high Export standard.
Dosage: 2 capsules per day morning or evening after meal
Ailments: cancer, heart disease, arthritis, depression, anxiety, inflammatory disorders, metabolic syndrome, chronic fatigue, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
Ingredients: organic turmeric, organic black pepper extract, vegan capsule and nothing else